Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Turkey Tidbits

I have been so busy with midterms... and now I am way behind on blogging. We have been home from Turkey for over a week. There is no way I could do the trip justice. We saw and did so many things. Absolutely amazing experience. 



Liddy and me at the Blue Mosque. 

The Basilica Cistern. The largest of several hundred cisterns that lie beneath Istanbul. This place was really unique. One of my favorites. 

Liddy and me on the ferry ride our group took down the Bosphorus.

One of the bridges spanning the gap between Asia and Europe in Istanbul.

Ruins at Troy. The probable but not conclusive site of the battle Homer spoke about. I have to say... for all the hype surrounding this place it certainly was not one of my favorites. 

 Obligatory photograph in the Trojan horse. The real one. 

 Romantic sunset picture with Liddy... and everyone else. This was one of the best nights with the whole group. Everyone swam in the Aegean Sea even though it was pretty cold. Then we enjoyed the sunset from the dock. 


No comments:

Post a Comment