Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Assos, Turkey

The sun is newly risen and a chill hangs in the air. I walk up winding, cobbled streets. Shopkeepers sleepily lay out their wares. At the top of the hill I am faced with the past and stunning views. Assos was home to an academy opened by Aristotle and it was visited by the apostle Paul. 

My favorite day in Turkey. 

The village was so quiet and peaceful.

View of the village from the top.


Me at the top of Assos.

I know this picture is out of focus but I like it for so many reasons. This is Professor Schade. He is my Old Testament teacher. He is so smart and caring. And he has the best getups every day. Just notice the hat and the fanny pack. (P.S. That is my roommate Mckenzie looking so cool as she jumps in the background)

So beautiful! Isle of Lesbos in the background.


Jenessa and me posing by the columns that remain standing. The ruin itself is pretty small but the views are spectacular. 

Family portrait? Album cover? Awkward BYU students? So great!

This was the best thing!!! Before I went on the bus I stopped and purchased a hand-knit scarf from this adorable Turkish lady. She was so excited and sweet. We had this wonderful interaction where even though I couldn't understand what she was saying I am pretty sure she was giving me a blessing of good-will.


2 comments:

  1. Thank you for accomodating my "I want to see more pictures!" Request-- Demand?
    They are so great and you look so happy!
    MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving your pictures! Hey, I have a fanny pack like your professor ... gotta love the 80's style. What precious memories you are packing in.

    ReplyDelete