Sunday, October 7, 2012

Toothy (Warning this post involves blood)

For anyone that doesn't know I am missing one of my front teeth. This past June I fell mountain biking and knocked it out. Eventually I will have an implant placed but for now I have a temporary flipper tooth. 

Before I left for Israel my mom and I would joke about how everyone at the Jerusalem Center wouldn't want to be friends with the toothless weirdo girl.

I thought that people would be asking me all the time about why I don't have a tooth. But it took about two weeks for the first person to actually say something directly about it to me. Granted I don't have to take out the temporary tooth unless I am eating but I still thought someone would speak up before then. I mean, I open my mouth and talk at meals...

Oh yes. Toothless wonder. 

Despite my fears of being reviled and ridiculed I think being toothless has led me to make some great friends. Liddy was the first person to tell me that she liked my missing tooth. In fact the first time she talked to me was during a meal and she didn't even realize I had a temporary! She liked me gap and all. What a friend. 

This was taken at the field where David slew Goliath. Everyone practiced their rock slinging and I practiced my toothless pirating. 

Trying to be creepy in the Basilica Cistern but I kept cracking up... Oh the Halloween costume ideas!

1 comment:

  1. You are one of the 4 coolest daughters ever. I love your toothless grins.
    Scarlett got a real kick out of you as a pirate. "Rachel's a pirate! Rachel's a pirate!" and then squeals of laughter.

    ReplyDelete