Sunday, September 2, 2012

Ramparts

Today I walked around the entire Old City of Jerusalem on the ramparts (path on the wall around the city). I really enjoyed looking down at the people below me in each quarter of the city going about their daily business. In the Jewish quarter I saw many school children. And I don't think anything is cuter (except maybe Scarlett) than some of those little Jewish boys with their curls and yarmulkes. 

The view from Old City Jerusalem. The BYU Center is the building way off in the distance practically in the center of the photo.

3 comments:

  1. it is cool you got a photo up
    you are really figuring out the blogger
    it is such a wonderfun picture
    I like all of the stonework
    it looks very fancy, and modern.

    dont have too much fun!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it looks & sounds way neat. were the shirts you bought good enough? we know someone who just went to dubai and she had to fully cover up except her face for this one place they visited, so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The shirts are the best ones I brought. Most of the people here are dressed extremely modestly. Only tourists and the secular people do not wear the traditional clothing. I think I would feel uncomfortable even wearing a knee-length skirt here. We are not allowed to cover up fully because that would make it seem like we are Muslims and we want to be identified as Mormons. The people here love the "Mormon University" students.

    ReplyDelete