Monday, September 3, 2012

Overlook

Today was the first field trip. We drove around to different overlooks in the area so that we can better orient ourselves geographically. I think I might end up knowing my way around Israel better than Colorado. My favorite spot was a mount overlooking Bethlehem. From where I was standing I could see fancy apartment complexes on my left and olive trees on my right and nestled in the middle was Bethlehem. Bethlehem! The birthplace of Christ was right in front of me. We will go to the city when the Christmas season is closer.

Hazy Bethlehem behind me.

 Orthodox Jewish women praying and studying around the cenotaph (empty tomb) of the prophet Samuel.

The Lutheran Church of Ascension that stands in the traditional spot where Christ ascended into heaven after his resurrection.

2 comments:

  1. THIS IS CRAZY! so many locations, that seem so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. there are your olives little girl,
    you have gone from the aspens to the olives and then some.

    Are you learning to be a fisher of men (and women(the politically correct version))?

    ReplyDelete