Sunday, September 16, 2012

Israel, Israel God is Calling

I often think about how to make others aware of my beliefs without making them feel condemned. Ultimately I cannot control how other people feel. If they choose to be offended, then so be it. But I try to make others feel comfortable talking about religion with me. In an effort to be accepting of others I hope that I have never appeared to be compromising my standards. Last night we watched a broadcast from an apostle in my church, Elder Holland. In a forthright manner he addressed the very topic I have often contemplated. You can watch him speak here. You won't regret it. His talk is entitled Israel, Israel God is Calling. Which was all the more poignant because here I am, in Israel. I feel like I have already heard His call stronger than I have at any other point in my life. A call to stand up for what I believe in and press forward in faith. A call that rises within me and encourages me to be better each day.

1 comment:

  1. Scarlett & I listened to this talk while doing mounds of laundry and playing with toys. She folded, I played:) Thanks for the encouragement to view it. It was wonderful.

    ReplyDelete