Saturday, December 1, 2012

Church in Tiberias

There is a small branch (LDS church congregation) in the city of Tiberias that meets in a refurbished home. I really enjoy attending church in Jerusalem at the center but it was an awesome feeling to be amongst this small yet diverse group. By diverse I mean this:

The opening prayer was in Spanish I sang all the hymns in Spanish as I sat next to two ladies from South America. The sacrament prayer was in Hebrew! Not every day one gets to hear God addressed as Elohim. Not to mention the young man saying the prayer had a deep, melodic voice that sounded like the voice of God (not that I have heard it, but imagined). The closing prayer was offered by an a Palestinian woman in Arabic. Probably the most beautiful sounding Arabic I have ever heard.

Wonderful spirit of devotion from this meeting.

1 comment: